As the title indicates, Angel’s Landing has often been referred to as one of the scariest day hikes in America. At 5.2 miles round trip and an elevation gain of 1,488, it is a short hike to scenic views from the top. But it is the last half mile that makes one question one’s sanity: the bold trail traverses across a narrow sandstone ridge with sheer cliff drops on all sides. Of course it had to be conquered!
Pooped out from the adrenaline. What a great hike!
Angel’s Landing Trail in Zion National Park Overview
- Coordinates: 37°16′10″N, 112°56′53″W
- Fees: Park entrance $25/vehicle
- Length: 5 Miles Out & Back
- Difficulty: Moderately Easy
- Elevation Gain: 1,488
- Usage: Heavy
- Pets allowed: No
- Camera info: Canon EOS-M, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM, iPhone 6