Blackett’s Ridge has been on my Tucson To Do List for as long as I can remember. I’m not sure what took so long to finally cross it off my list but it has since become a new favorite! This challenging and fast hike up Phoneline Trail to Blackett’s Ridge offers panoramic views of Sabino Canyon and the city of Tucson in a relatively short distance –7 miles out and back.
Normally an exposed trail with little to no shade, we took advantage of a cloudy day to hike to the summit of Blackett’s Ridge.
Cacti are in bloom!
Husband hates when I get too close to the edge. 😛
The hike up to Blackett’s Ridge is definitely another hike worth doing over and over again.
Blackett’s Ridge Trail Overview
- Coordinates: (located in Sabino Canyon Recreation Area) 32.310036, -110.822190
- Fees: $5 (Sabino Canyon Day Pass)
- Difficulty: Moderately Difficult
- Usage: Moderate
- Length: 7 Miles Out & Back
- Things to note:
- This is an exposed hike with very little shade.
- Pets allowed: No (pets are not allowed in Sabino Canyon)