Dunluce Castle is one of Northern Ireland’s most epic castle ruins: it’s located on the coastal edge of a basalt cliff and surrounded by steep drops on either side.
- The current castle was built in the 15th century.
- It’s said that over time, parts of the castle have fallen into the sea.
- In the 1590s, the cannons from the nearby wreck of a Spanish Armada (the Girona) were installed in the gatehouses.
- The McQuillan Banshee (Maeve Roe) is said to haunt Dunluce Castle.
- The castle was once owned by Winston Churchill (ownership through marriage).
Dunluce Castle Overview
- Address: 87 Dunluce Rd, Bushmills BT57 8UY, UK
- Fees: Adult £5; Seniors £3; Children (4 – 16) – £3
- Difficulty: Easy
- Usage: Moderate
- Hours:10am – 5pm; Last admission 4:30pm
- Pets allowed: No