Today called for our 1st hike up Picacho Peak for the year. This 3-mile hike up Hunter Trail to the summit is so much fun that this will mark our 5th adventure there!
Picacho is one of the few civil war skirmish sites on this side of the US… It’s kind of a big deal. 😉
Husband going down my favorite part of the hike! It’s a whole different, slightly torturous, experience going back up this section.
View from the summit.
See our other trail reports & photos of Picacho Peak:
Hunter Trail to Picacho Peak Overview
- Address: 15520 Picacho Peak Rd, Picacho, AZ 85241
- Fees: $7/vehicle
- Difficulty: Moderately Strenuous
- Usage: Heavy
- Length: 3 Miles Out & Back
- Elevation Gain: 1,750
- Bring workout gloves for grasping the metal cables.
- Pets allowed: Yes, but not recommend due to climbing spots.