The day after we arrived home from a fantastic vacation in Washington State, we headed back to Honeybee Canyon Loop on our mountain bikes to burn off those holiday calories. Third time’s the charm, we successfully complete the loop without getting lost and were rewarded with flats on both our bikes! We managed to patch the tires (first time) and decided to be on the safe side on our next trip so we took our bikes out to Saguaro National Park East, where there is an 8-mile paved loop we could ride.
The hills at this beautiful park are endless! While our tires had full air the whole time, we ourselves were gasping for it on some of those never-ending uphill climbs! Despite the torture, our patch job held up and we had a great time! I think the mountain bikes are ready for more dirt trails!
Saguaro National Park East Overview
- Address: 3693 S. Old Spanish Trail, Tucson, Arizona 85730
- Fees: $10/vehicle or $5/biker (valid for 1 week)
- Difficulty: Moderately strenuous
- Usage: Heavy
- Length: 8 Miles Loop
- Things to note:
- Road is shared with vehicles
- Offroad dirt bike trails are limited. Check the park’s brochure on where you can ride if straying off the main loop road.
- Pets allowed: Yes.