I tricked my husband into thinking the zuchinni I spiralized into noodles was legitimate pasta. You see, he's a meat and potatoes, hearty meals kind of guy. I like that kind of food too --but our waist lines beg to differ. So sometimes I have to play these little tricks... Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and I find him munching on potato chips later on. Mum was the word on the "special" noodles until he took his first bite into those yellow zoodles. Then he realized they were made out of zucchini but he couldn't resist the rest!
- 1/4 cup ghee (or clarfied, unsalted butter)
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons organic chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchinis or summer squash cut into noodles
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Melt ghee/butter over med-low heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute.
Add shrimp. Cook until pink (about 4-5 minutes) then transfer them onto a dish but leave the extra sauce in the pan.
Add lemon juice, chicken stock, wine to the pan and simmer for a minute, making sure to stir it often (and scrape the brown bits from the pan).
Add the zoodles to the pan; cook about 1-2 minutes.
Add the shrimp back into the pan; cook for another minute.
Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
We would love to hear from you and about your adventures! Fill out the form below to leave a comment.