Some days it’s just nice to get out and enjoy the outdoors, with no set destination in mind. Close your eyes, point yourself in a direction, pick a random trail, and head that way. So that’s what we did in Sabino Canyon!
We ended up on the Sabino Canyon Trail #23, which begins at the very last tram stop (#9). It’s 2.65 miles one way and connects to East Fork Trail (for Bear Canyon) or the West Fork Trail towards Hutch’s Pool.
Playing in Sabino Creek.
Sabino Canyon Trail #23 Overview
- Address: 5900 N Sabino Canyon Rd, Tucson, Arizona 85750
- Fees: $5/vehicle; Tram Fees: $10/adults, $5/child (12 & under)
- Difficulty: Easy
- Usage: Heavy
- Length: 5.2 Miles Out & Back
- Things to note:
- Shade is minimal so bring plenty of water & wear a hat during the late spring/summer months.
- Payment for a tram ticket is cash only.
- No fishing or butterfly nets allowed.
- Pets allowed: No.