I’m always amazed when native Tucsonans admit to never having bagged Picacho Peak. It is such a fun and challenging hike that husband and I have conquered it more than once in our 7 years here… So of course when one of my good friends admitted he’d never been, it was time for another trek up Hunter Trail!
This is how I energize before a hike. ^_^
Catching a breather. With its steep elevation gain, this 3-mile hike up Hunter Trail can be a challenge.
Where the fun begins.
View from the summit of Picacho Peak.
And now that local can say he conquered Picacho Peak!
See our other trail reports & photos of Picacho Peak:
Hunter Trail in Picacho Peak State Park Overview
- Address: 15520 Picacho Peak Rd, Picacho, AZ 85241
- Fees: $7/vehicle
- Difficulty: Moderately Strenuous
- Usage: Heavy
- Length: 3 Miles Out & Back
- Elevation Gain: 1,750
- Bring workout gloves for grasping the metal cables.
- Pets allowed: Yes, but not recommend due to climbing spots.