Tucson’s most popular walk is a 2.9 mile paved path that runs just over 600 feet in elevation gain to the top of Tumamoc Hill. It’s also known to the many who trek up the hill, (some 6,000-7,000 people per week) as the city’s outdoor stair master.
The top offers a 360 view of Tucson.
Tumamoc Hill Overview
- Coordinates: 32.2235423,-111.0035488
- Fees: FREE
- Difficulty: Easy
- Usage: Heavy
- Length: 2.9 Miles (Out & Back)
- Things to note:
- Open anytime EXCEPT between the hours of 7:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri
- This is an exposed path, offering absolutely no shade so bring plenty of water, sunglasses, & a hat.
- Pets allowed: No, this is considered a nature preserve.
- Camera info: iPhone 7+