Our Sunday morning involved burning calories by biking the Rillito River Path. This Tzatziki Chicken Pita was a healthy and delicious way to refuel for lunch.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 whole-wheat pita pocket (Trader Joe’s), cut in half
- 1 carrot, diced or grated
- small handful micro greens (alternative: alfalfa sprouts)
- 2/3 mini cucumber (sliced)
- small handful baby spinach
- 1 slice low-fat, organic cheese
- 6 oz chicken breast
- Mrs. Dash Chicken Seasoning (optional. Or use salt & pepper)
- teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic, low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 mini cucumber (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
In a blender, blend the Tzatziki sauce until smooth. Set aside.
Season chicken with Mrs. Dash Chicken Seasoning or salt and pepper to taste. Melt coconut oil in skillet on medium. Cook chicken about 4 minutes each side. Set aside to cool. Once cool, cut into cubes or shred.
Divide the remaining ingredients in half. Coat the insides of each pita with Tzatziki sauce. Carefully lay a small bed of spinach inside the pita then layer with grated/diced carrots, cucumbers, chicken. cheese, and micro greens/alfalfa sprouts. Pita should be almost overflowing with deliciousness. Spoon the remaining Tzatziki sauce inside the contents of the pita. Enjoy!