When my husband says "MMMMMMMMM! This is good!" without my prompting him for an opinion, then I know I've succeeded in the kitchen! And he's right --this recipe is pretty darn tasty!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon ghee / coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper (ribs & seeds removed, chopped)
- 2 medium yellow potatoes (cubed)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen's Red Curry Paste, which they have a Whole30 compliant version. Be sure to check the ingredients as I've read that they also have a version that is non-compliant)
- 32 oz organic coconut milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 - 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes depending on your heat tolerance
In a large pan / wok, heat the ghee over medium heat. Add chicken, cook until all sides have whitened.
Add garlic & ginger. Stir for 30 seconds then add in the rest of the vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes keeping sure to stir often.
Stir in coconut milk and seasoning. Add red curry paste. Let it dissolve into the milk by stirring it often.
Reduce heat to lowest setting. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve with riced cauliflower. To make this Paleo compliant, replace 2 medium potatoes with 1 small sweet potato.
We would love to hear from you and about your adventures! Fill out the form below to leave a comment.